Wholesale Ipe Wood
Ipe wood is a natural 100% solid hardwood material from the Ipe Tree. The Ipe tree grows in Brazil and thus we get out ipe wood from plantations in Brazil. Ipe is natures densest wood. This gives ipe several features that make it popular as a decking material:
- It last up 40 years without a bit of maintenance
- Lasts over 100 years with maintenance.
- Resists wood eating insect -
- Because it's simply too hard to chew!
- And because it hsa
- Strength: Ipe Decking is the strongest decking material you can get.
- Resistance to splintering, it's a very hard wood, the worlds hardest.
- Resistance to cupping - did we mention it's the hardest wood?
- Brazilian Ipe (the only kind we buy) is harvested from government regulated sustainable forests.
- For contract compliance and extra surety, we also offer FSC certified decking.
In addition to it's dense nature, ipe wood growth creates natural oils that offer even more features:
- Naturally resistant to insects
- Resistance to mold mildew and rot.
- Without any treatments, like pressure treating.
Yes, Ipe is beautiful
But don't judge a book by its cover. Ipe wood is always the best choice for a deck. It looks great, is slip resistant, doesn't splinter much, doesn't cup or warp as much as other wood decking material, is stronger than any other wood you can buy and the home owner doesn't have to replace those deck boards for 40 years!
Businesses and governments love to use ipe because of its ultimate defense against lawsuits due to fall through and slip and fall claims. Here's some legendary landmarks that use Ipe wood for their decking material, saving money on board replacement through the years:
- Brooklyn Bridge Pedestrian Walkway
- Treasure Island Casino, Las Vegas
- Ocean City Boardwalk, Ocean City New Jersey
- Miami Beach boardwalk in Miami Florida
The city council loves the Ipe because it's pretty, the city manager likes it because it's economical in the long run and the people like ipe because it's eco-friendly. We even have FSC certified ipe available.